CoSAI Big Questions
CoSAI Commissioners have identified six Big Questions related to innovation in Sustainable Agricultural Intensification (SAI) in the global South. These questions aim to cover the broad scope of SAI.
The Commission will explore the Big Questions through a Public Inquiry process, bringing together what has been done, commissioning short studies to fill key gaps and inviting expert speakers to present on topics related to each of the seven questions. The Questions may evolve as the group explores them.
1. Future food scenarios: What will future agricultural systems in the Global South require in terms of innovation in SAI? How might this be affected by different scenarios, reflecting drivers such as climate change and Covid-19?
2. Investment priorities: What are the current priorities for the major investors in innovation in SAI for the Global South, and how do they need to change?
3. Pathways to change innovation systems at scale: What are the major knowledge and policy constraints to generating and adopting innovation in SAI in the Global South, and how can these be overcome? What can we learn from successful case studies experiences at scale in the Global South?
4. SAI and environment: How can innovation best be supported to achieve the diverse environmental objectives of SAI?
5. SAI and human objectives: How can innovation best be supported to achieve the human objectives of SAI: poverty reduction, equity and nutrition?
6. Principles and metrics: Can CoSAI and partners agree a set of principles and metrics to guide future innovations in SAI for the Global South?