As a collaborative program, key partners have governance and/or management roles within the CGIAR Research Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems (WLE). The Lead Center is the International Water Management Institute (IWMI). The other partner institutions which lead WLE Flagships are: ICRISAT, ICRAF, CIAT, IFPRI, Bioversity and the RUAF Foundation. ICARDA is also a participating Center in WLE.
WLE includes the following governance and management bodies:
- The WLE Management Committee (MC) is collectively responsible for progress against planned results. The MC ensures that CGIAR funding allocations are channeled to the most relevant and strategic Research for Development streams; that WLE’s bilateral projects contribute appropriately to planned Flagship outcomes; and that annual plans and budgets are delivered and evidence demonstrating progress to outcomes and impacts is robust. The MC proposes changes in strategic direction, allocations, plans and results adjustments to the ISC for endorsement, and to the Lead Center Board for approval. There are 15 members: the Program Director, 10 Flagship Leaders, and WLE leads on communications, gender, youth and inclusivity, monitoring, evaluation and learning, and program management. The MC meets virtually on a monthly basis, and twice a year in person.
- The WLE Program Management Unit (PMU) works closely with the Management Committee to provide documentation and execute day-to-day management of the program.
- The Independent Steering Committee (ISC) is the key advisory body for WLE. The ISC is accountable to the IWMI Board of Governors, which has legal and fiduciary responsibility for WLE. Core functions of the ISC are to advise on Strategic Management; Science and Research Quality and Relevance; Partnerships; and Communications and Outreach. Its members bring both scientific and development expertise. The ISC meets once a year in person, and at least twice a year virtually.
- ISC meeting minutes from June, 2019
- ISC meeting minutes from July, 2019
- ISC meeting minutes from October, 2019
- ISC meeting minutes from December, 2019
- ISC meeting minutes from January, 2020
- ISC meeting minutes from October, 2020
- ISC meeting minutes from January, 2021
- ISC meeting minutes from April, 2021