The Greater Mekong Forum on Water, Food and Energy is the largest annual knowledge-sharing event in the Greater Mekong. It presents research-based evidence to non-governmental organizations, policy-makers, the private sector, and development agencies. It does this through carefully designed and facilitated dialogues.
THE PURPOSE OF THE FORUM IS TO:
- Create ‘safe’ spaces for stakeholders to come together to informally discuss difficult and controversial water-related discussions.
- Network and to promote cross-regional learning on water-food-energy nexus-related issues.
- Encourage and facilitate building of networks across sectors and river basins to support future collaborations.
- Interface research-based solutions with a non-technical public, policy-makers, and the private sector.
- Provide would-be users with an opportunity to deliberate and query potential solutions.
This is not a research conference. The entire event is oriented towards knowledge consumers. We seek sessions designed with this group in mind, recognizing that most, if not all, knowledge consumers have no technical background. We emphasise deliberation and listening, whereby participants can query, debate, and (constructively) criticize the ideas or innovations presented. As a consequence, the Forum is also oriented towards participation.